Are you self-starter who is passionate about technology, Linux and Internet security? Are you looking to work with an ambitious team that will test and grow your skills? Would you like to get appreciated for your hard work and performance? Would you like to work with a team who is as much family as it is professional?
If your answers are an enthusiastic “YES”, Come join our well established growing company. We are a small business doing big things in technology.
ZZ Servers has the combined experience of 120 years in the technology space and has worked with household-named clients. You probably have used some of their products daily.
We are on the cutting edge of cloud and IT security technology – you’ll be working with the best equipment and technology.
What comes with the job
- Fun relaxed working environment
- Free snacks, and lunch on Fridays. And beverage Thursdays
- The opportunity to work with an established growing family company
- Paid Time Off
- Growing benefits package
- Relocation Assistance
- Competitive pay structure
- Opportunity for upward mobility as ZZ Servers continues to grow
We are seeking a full time experienced system administrator and outstanding technical expert to join our team and help shape the next generation of Public and Private Cloud solutions.
- Oversee infrastructure for applications, servers, and 24×7 network
- Work closely with Engineering team to coordinate and process day to day activity
- Solve difficult challenges helping provide high level uptime and availability
- Develop systems to proactively identify and mitigate issues that may cause customer down time.
- Monitor conditions, recommend and implement changes to the production environment that improve the stability, performance and security of a large scale multi-tenant Linux and Windows computing environment
- Guide and implement infrastructure technology to keep up with changing needs
- Provide on-call support for critical events
- Share knowledge and experience with peers and clients
Does this sound like the position you have been dreaming about? If so, attach answers to the following questions to your application. Be as descriptive as possible. Please do not send your resume.
- What programming/scripting languages are you proficient in and which do you enjoy the most and why.
- How do you use your computers or servers at home?
- Do you have dependable transportation?
- If you could support one charitable organization, which would it be and why?
- If you could choose to work in an environment where you chose your tasks and could define your workday or you had a set of tasks laid out for you in advance, which would you choose and why?
- What are your 3-5 year professional goals?
- What does on time mean to you?
- How do you think you sound on the phone?
- Which do you prefer, Debian or Redhat and why.
- If you had a process that you had to perform once a week, how would you ensure it was completed on time?
- On a scale from 1 to 10, would you rather perform tasks that already have a clear process to follow (1) or ones that you have to create the process from scratch (10)?
- Describe your ability to handle support calls after traditional work hours.
- What is the most exciting thing about yourself.
Now that you have made it to the end, attach your completed questions to your application and let’s see if you are a good enough match to take the next step.