The service is designed to rigorously test the defenses of both internet and private networks and applications. It is suitable for commissioning, third party assurance, post-attack analysis, audit and regulatory purposes where independence and quality of service are important requirements.
A final written report provides an analysis of any security or service problems discovered together with proposed solutions, links to detailed advisories and recommendations for improving the security of the service under test.
ZZ Servers Penetration Testing service can be used to ensure compliance with PCI DSS v.1.2 requirement 11.3, (penetration testing) as it includes both internal, external, network and application layer testing.
Areas Covered by Testing
- Configuration errors
- Application loopholes in server code or scripts
- Advice on data that could have been exposed due to past errors
- Testing for known vulnerabilities
- Reducing the risk and enticement to attack
- Advice on fixes and future security plans
Typical Issues Discovered in an Application Test
- Cross-site scripting
- SQL injection
- Server misconfigurations
- Form/hidden field manipulation
- Command injection
- Cookie poisoning
- Well-known platform vulnerabilities
- Insecure use of cryptography
- Back doors and debug options
- Errors triggering sensitive information leak
- Broken ACLs/Weak passwords
- Weak session management
- Buffer overflows
- Forceful browsing
- CGI-BIN manipulation
- Risk reduction to zero day exploits
Do any of these look familiar? If so, contact us today:
• "I'm confused about my IT spending and the result I'm getting"
• "My current IT provider is over promising and under delivering"
• “I’m fed up with my IT solution”
• “I run the rest of my business like a business. It’s time to run IT like a business”
• "The way we used to handle IT no longer works for us"
• "My IT guy just left. What do I do now?"
• "I want to hear another perspective on our IT issues"
• "I have no idea where we're headed in the future with our IT"
• "Is the cloud right for our situation/needs?"
• "Our IT is so messed up, I don't know where to begin"
• "I’m tired of the peaks and valleys in my IT spend"
• "I'm not sure my current IT provider is doing everything right"